Looking pretty good!

Attachments

• valkaria1.jpg
    valkaria1.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 113
  • valkaria2.jpg
    valkaria2.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 159
Just as a fyi since we all love Dr.Brown's Enc. of Croton, I wanted to add that I talked to Cleo at this sale and he said Dr. Brown is not doing very well. He said he broke his hip and is not getting around very well. Then I talked to Kathy and Wae of Florida Gardening mag and they said he is really really not doing well. They live close by and are friends. Dr. Brown is in his nineties. Also, Dr. Brown's garden is closed for good and not being maintained. Its a shame as it is one of the best (at least here in Brevard). Cleo has has his own nursery now.

Here is a succulant fountain from Valkaria nursery I thought was worthy of a photo:

Attachments

• c24.jpg
    c24.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 124
Just as a fyi since we all love Dr.Brown's Enc. of Croton, I wanted to add that I talked to Cleo at this sale and he said Dr. Brown is not doing very well. He said he broke his hip and is not getting around very well. Then I talked to Kathy and Wae of Florida Gardening mag and they said he is really really not doing well. They live close by and are friends. Dr. Brown is in his nineties. Also, Dr. Brown's garden is closed for good and not being maintained. Its a shame as it is one of the best (at least here in Brevard). Cleo has has his own nursery now.

Here is a succulant fountain from Valkaria nursery I thought was worthy of a photo:

I actually had Cleo in the nursery today, as he was on his way to Homestead. I asked about Frank, and Cleo said he's doing good. I saw Frank last month at the TPIE Convention and he actually was doing pretty well, all things considered. We ate lunch together. He is walking much slower now, but his mind seemed pretty sharp, compared how he was right after he broke his hip. I'm certainly not trying to paint a rosey picture here from Dave's account, but like Dave said, he's in his nineties now and definitely slowing down. I'm scheduled to make a visit there in April and look forward to our visit. And yes, it's a shame to here about his nursery/property.

Thanks for the info on Dr.Brown. I worry about him. I'm just a casual friend (when I visited his garden) and admirer/fan of his. I interviewed him when I wrote my croton article for Florida Gardening magazine and was impressed on how giving and caring he was. He was real sincere with me and concerned that I was doing good. I love his stories he tells on his garden tours. That is great to hear, thanks!

Thanks for the info on Dr.Brown. I worry about him. I'm just a casual friend (when I visited his garden) and admirer/fan of his. I interviewed him when I wrote my croton article for Florida Gardening magazine and was impressed on how giving and caring he was. He was real sincere with me and concerned that I was doing good. I love his stories he tells on his garden tours. That is great to hear, thanks!

NO, thanks to you and anyone else that can make a trip by and check on him, enjoy his company and certainly share stories. He's by no means going anywhere, it's just a shame that the garden will get no attention and upkeep to maintain it.

B. Frank Brown is a very dear friend of mine and has been extreamly instrumental in my love of crotons over the years.
Jeff