Ti meeting in Anaheim, CA

tropicalken

03/04/08
For those living in Southern California, we are having a ti meeting in Anaheim this Sat. April 4 at 10:00 A.M. The address is 2937 West Bridgeport Avenue, Anaheim , CA 92804 Please come if you are interested. We normally have meetings the first Sat. of each month from April through Nov. Contact me if you are interested in attending later meetings.

Ken

ah. just missed it..
Im guessing the next meeting is May 2?
and at the same address?
-rob
Yes, our next meeting is Sat. May 2. We should have a ti cane distribution at that meeting if all works out correctly. Our meetings are at different member's homes throughout the warmer months. May's meeting will be at 706 East Las Palmas Drive , Fullerton, CA 92835. If you join at the meeting, you may participate in the ti cane distribution and also the first one we have next year. We raise most of our money to buy ti canes from plant auctions of tropical plants donated and brought in by members. If you come, bring a plant you have extras of to donate to the auction.

Ken

Sorry you didn't make the meeting today. We had our ti cane distribution and each member received 13 canes. Let's hope that doesn't mean bad luck. Our next meeting will be at a mansion in Altadena on June 6. The owners have a huge property with trails through a palm forest and tropicals. Let me know if you are still interested in coming and I will post the information.

Ken

Keep up the good efforts Ken. SoCal needs to grow more Ti Plants. Like crotons (and palms), a lot of trial and error needs to take place to find the varieties that will make it. I remember with palms - we killed lots of them before we figured out the best ways to grow them and what varieties did best in what exposures, etc.