The elusive Pink Stewartii

Crazy for Crotons

29/06/09
Bob Alonzo mentioned to me this week that the old Pink Stewartii once in John Bender's garden may have been lost. I remembered a photo Jeff Anderson posted last year of a garden in Costa Rica. Jeff's photo below sure looks like a Pink Stewartii.

PinkStewartii-CostaRica.jpg

Ray,

I didn't know there was a pink form, but from this picture, it certainly looks like it could be one. You can see the Sterwartii's color pattern in the leaf. Very nice.

Jeff

Thanks for sending the pm Dean.

Ray, what post was that from? I can't remember if I took that photo on one of my travels or if the plant is here on the property. I'll have to do some digging around and see if I can find that original photo.

I remember taking that photo, I just don't know where I took it. I remember taking the picture because I thought it was unusual that the older leaves had turned from yellow to a pinkish color.

You need to get down here and collect some cuttings! There's all kinds of strange looking crotons around here.

Well, I found that photo. It was taken during my trip to Montezuma on the Nicoya Peninsula back in 2007. Montezuma is not an easy place to reach. I doubt if I will be going back there anytime soon.

I'll keep looking and if I ever find another one, I will take some cuttings!