St. Patty's Primer Party...with Crotons!

TikiRick

21/06/09
All,
As promised, I would be glad to host the next Croton gathering. I have chosen Saturday, March 17, 2012 as the date. Does this conflict with anyone's schedule so far? From 11:00 to ....?

Just wanted to get the date out there for you to reserve the date, place and time.

For those of you who have not been to my place, it is on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, in Broward County.

What do you think of keeping the silent auction part like we tried at Jeff's in November? Do you think it went well? If we go to an auctioneer, then we need a temporary secretary to record the seller, the buyer, the cost, etc. Also, a treasurer would need to be set up, with a til, to collect, then pay each seller. Seems a bit much to me. We can have a "For Sale" area, and an auction area. And of course, the garden and tiki bar will be open for all to explore the better things in life....(Well, within reason.:p)

If everyone is in agreement, bringing a covered dish, a few beers, and a few crotons should make for a great afternoon of fun.

Is it a date?

Hi Rick,

March is a tough month. My Open House Sale is the first two weekends of March (2,3 and 4th also 7,8 and 9th). And the South Florida Palm Sale is later in March. Seems like a busy month for some, how about April?

April is tough for me. Almost every weekend is already accounted for some obligation or another. Maybe late Feb if the weather holds warm??? Feb 25?

February 25th is my Birthday. Would love to spend it with my croton friends. :cool: How is the 25th for the rest of yooos guys? :confused:

Ray - you did say Feb. 20 was the "over the hump" date for a major freeze. We've had meetings/garden tours in Dec.

All,
As promised, I would be glad to host the next Croton gathering. I have chosen Saturday, March 17, 2012 as the date. Does this conflict with anyone's schedule so far? From 11:00 to ....?

Just wanted to get the date out there for you to reserve the date, place and time.

For those of you who have not been to my place, it is on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, in Broward County.

What do you think of keeping the silent auction part like we tried at Jeff's in November? Do you think it went well? If we go to an auctioneer, then we need a temporary secretary to record the seller, the buyer, the cost, etc. Also, a treasurer would need to be set up, with a til, to collect, then pay each seller. Seems a bit much to me. We can have a "For Sale" area, and an auction area. And of course, the garden and tiki bar will be open for all to explore the better things in life....(Well, within reason.:p)

If everyone is in agreement, bringing a covered dish, a few beers, and a few crotons should make for a great afternoon of fun.

Is it a date?

Rick - if the final date of your garden tour is one that I can make, I will volunteer to be your "secretarial wench " for the day. ;)