So when the hecks the next meeting!

Borgy230

06/07/09
So whens the next meeting!? We are approaching 10 months with no meeting!? Anyone out there wanting or willing to host a get together at their garden? I am sure everyone has been propigating like mad the past few months and we would have a great auction too!

Rob

Rob,

I mentioned earlier this year, that November would make 2 years since it was held at my yard. I would be more than happy to host it again. I need some "serious" feedback though. Especially from some of the west coast members. Lee, Keith, Connie, Phil and Ray, how about it?

Jeff-

Anytime but: 24 July: speaking on crotons at Sunken Gardens
10-16 August: judging a stampshow in Richmond, VA

Pick a date and I'll drag some of these west coast folks along.
I already told Lee I can host a meeting in Sept, Oct or Nov.

Phil

Jeff,
What about doing yours in maybe august? and phils in November?
this way we dont have the suspense of waiting until november for two good garden tours, can have one only a month away, the other farther away! I know your yard is ready for it.

Hey Guys...and Ladies

OK, I think it's time to stop talking about a Tour amd make it happen.

As we said in the newsletter, send us an email with your proposed date to have a Croton Tour. We can coordinate via email (as in the past). I think August would be a good time for a meeting, and we can have one in Sept also. How about it, Rick?
We just need to know what dates and times, so we can do a sendout to all the members...........

I don't object to hosting another tour, but August really dosen't work for me. That's next month, and I just feel with all my airlayers being removed, my crotons won't look their nicest and need some time to grow out.

I checked the Coral Gables Library that has a decent croton collection as a potential meeting site. Due to the cold weather, lack of mulching and fertilizer, the collection has declined a great deal within the last year. I think the irrigation system is no longer workig as well. I guess government budget cuts may be the culprit.