Searle Bros. Annual Key West Sale

kwtimo

22/05/10
Just letting everyone know that Jeff Searle and company will be in Key West for their annual sale next weekend (February 8 & 9)at the home of the Key West Garden Club, the West Martello Tower. This is a highly anticipated event for plant enthusiasts in the Keys, offering plant material absolutely unavailable locally. Palms, crotons, bromeliads, tropicals and aroids will be the highlighted material for purchase. Jeff is also taking pre-orders for those who are looking for something specific. The venue itself is worth coming to visit, a beautiful, historic, mostly open air brick structure with some cool plant material there. It would also be a great opportunity for those of you following my Audubon House thread to come and get a view of what has been done to date, I'll be able to bring some guests with me and give my 2 cent tour. Hope to see you there!:D

Any excuse to get to the keys for a few days, looking forward to seeing all the work you guys have been doing down there @ the Audubon House

Andy,

Can we expect to maybe see you next weekend down there? It would be pretty nice to join us. Tim will be around all weekend and is going to personally give me a tour of the Audubon House. Something I'm really look forward to. The Glocks will drive down and spend some time with us too. Also some of the best landscapers in KW will be there hanging out. Andre is a young landscaper with a good eye for palms and crotons. Our very own Tim also is a long time landscaper that has many years of palm knowledge, now including crotons in all of his jobs and specializes in using rare and unusual flowering plants and shrubs. It's always a fun weekend to spend time down there, not only selling plants, but seeing many people weknow that we don't get to see very often.

Jeff,
I am really trying to make it down there and would be honored to see some great palms, landscapes and rum.

ANDY, the r word there is a great spot on front street across from the Lilly Pulitzer store that has 151 varieties. Flor de Cana is still my favorite.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 80
I look forward to seeing everyone! Maybe we could somehow end up at the Glocks house back up in Cudjoe, have a cold beverage and look at an awesome croton collection.

Where are the pictures? :confused:

Ron, I was so busy talking with people and selling palms and crotons that I did not even think to take photos. Unless Jeff or Andrea took some pics, there probably won't be anything to post. The sale was a great success, and tons of fun. Lots of great material went home to excited folks, including myself. It is always a pleasure to spend time with friends and neighbors, sharing our enthusiasm for plants. Thank you Jeff & Andrea for a great weekend!

Ok folks, it is indeed time again for the annual Searle Bros. Nursery plant sale in Key West this weekend. Friday afternoon is a preview for the Garden Club members, and Saturday and Sunday are open to the public. Lots of great material will be available for purchase. Advice, experience and opinions are no charge. Surely a fun time for all who attend. I spoke with Jeff this morning and he told me of some highly desired rare palms that he is bringing down. Man, there is going to be some cool stuff there!

Thanks Tim!
It turned out to be one of our best sales EVER in the 21 years we've been going down there. I was very pleased on the amount of crotons we sold, simply put, the interest has really grown over the years. We had some of the absolute finest experts in plant knowledge in KW help out and Tim was there every minute. We really appreciate it !