Scarlet Fever

kwtimo

22/05/10
Current pics of Scarlet Fever at Audubon House. I really like watching this croton grow and develop its colors. There was one available at the last auction. Who got it?
20160506_083153_HDR.jpg
20160506_083212_HDR.jpg
20160506_083147_HDR.jpg
20160506_083221_HDR.jpg

Current pics of Scarlet Fever at Audubon House. I really like watching this croton grow and develop its colors. There was one available at the last auction. Who got it?View attachment 34262 View attachment 34263 View attachment 34264 View attachment 34265

I did! Wasn't going to let that one go! It's still tiny, but I am going to take very good care of it and make sure it grows well! Tim, thanks for getting some photos! What lighting is this beauty in?

Lamar, I think this is a George Zammas hybrid. He has some wonderful hybrids we saw at his place that I'd love to put in the wiki if someone would get some photos! I know Fantasy Fest and Margaritaville have been shared also.

It is one of George's. If you look closely, you can see the sign at the bottom of the plant. The former operations manager of the Audubon House was all about signage. I remember seeing George's plant for the first time. I had to stop in my tracks it was so sweet. Once again Ana, lighting description is tricky due to the limited time frame I am there, and always early in the day. In the morning it gets bright light, even some direct. The canopy is going to change starting tomorrow because all of the Coconuts are getting their biannual cleaning. This croton is also in close proximity to a Baobob, and that should begin leafing out very soon too. I was there today in the mid afternoon, and the light was pretty filtered. I'm glad you have the auction croton. Should be interesting to see how it does in your area. I also have Tristan, another one of his seedlings there, but it needs to be moved. Again. It is not happy in its second location. I'm determined to get it right though.

It is one of George's. If you look closely, you can see the sign at the bottom of the plant. The former operations manager of the Audubon House was all about signage. I remember seeing George's plant for the first time. I had to stop in my tracks it was so sweet. Once again Ana, lighting description is tricky due to the limited time frame I am there, and always early in the day. In the morning it gets bright light, even some direct. The canopy is going to change starting tomorrow because all of the Coconuts are getting their biannual cleaning. This croton is also in close proximity to a Baobob, and that should begin leafing out very soon too. I was there today in the mid afternoon, and the light was pretty filtered. I'm glad you have the auction croton. Should be interesting to see how it does in your area. I also have Tristan, another one of his seedlings there, but it needs to be moved. Again. It is not happy in its second location. I'm determined to get it right though.

Thanks, Tim. I don't know why I didn't realize the first time around that this was George's. I will reflect that in the wiki. It's such a beauty- I'd love to have something other than cell phone photos- because they don't expand well in the wiki- if that's possible sometime, but it's nice to have at least some record of this beautiful plant.

Last edited:
Just thought I would add this seedlings here
image.jpg
I topped the Pink one and it responded with three nice new heads. Both plants are from a group about 2.5 years now, kind of slow but gaining ground lately.

One more
image.jpg
AKA Andrea Searles I got two at the last sale. One went to Tampa with 55 of her best friends.