RED SPIDER

red spider.jpg

David - here is a photo of Red Spider that Marie Nock posted in the thread: http://www.palmpedia.net/forum/threads/pictures-for-ana.3786/#post-41547

I'm not sure how rare they are, I've seen only a few. Definitely could be considered not very common.

Thanks . I had never seen one , my friend called and told me he had a large one and wanted to see if i wanted it . Its a neat plant with really cool colors , will try to post tomorrow . Looks like a version of the Red Thai ...

See attached pics. The Siam one has bigger dots and is very slow growing; two different ones shown; Red Spider was also labeled Coppinger's Coral Shower and both plants are fairly good growers. One of the Siams is about three ft. away from the Red Spider.
DSCN5724.JPG
DSCN5725.JPG
DSCN5726.JPG
DSCN5727.JPG

Hold on a minute. Now there are 5 plants and even more names, and I have no idea which plant is connected to which name. I'm totally lost here. Phil, you are usually crystal clear, but I'm beyond confused. Forget everything else for a minute. My question was based on the pic moose posted as red spider. How is that different from queen of siam in Brown's book? David, what are you calling the red thai?

First set of pics I posed showed - in this order - Red Thai type (aka king or Queen of Siam), two of Red Spider (one of which was sold to me as Coppinger's Coral Shower) and final one of Red Thai type.
other set of pics were of other spiraly type crotons that may or may not be confused with the above ones.
onward through the fog....

# 7 is different pics of the same Red Spider plant #8 Is what i thought was Red Thai , i believe i got from Jeff . The two side by side are quite different > My Queen of Siam is way different looking

Hold on a minute. Now there are 5 plants and even more names, and I have no idea which plant is connected to which name. I'm totally lost here. Phil, you are usually crystal clear, but I'm beyond confused. Forget everything else for a minute. My question was based on the pic moose posted as red spider. How is that different from queen of siam in Brown's book? David, what are you calling the red thai?
The Red Thai picture , I call Red Thai...

David,

Did you get your Red Thai from me? If so, this is a plant I brought back from Thailand(my first trip) in 1998. And I just always called it Red Thai, for the lack of no other name. I gave it to Judy Glock many years ago also.

David,

Did you get your Red Thai from me? If so, this is a plant I brought back from Thailand(my first trip) in 1998. And I just always called it Red Thai, for the lack of no other name. I gave it to Judy Glock many years ago also.
Yes i got it from one of your sales. Neat plant . Its a good grower , doesnt mind the cold weathre at all . Did an airlayers to try 2 locations seems to like half day of sun bset ... Thanks