Pinocchio

fawnridge

04/07/09
Simple leaf, but outstanding color.

pinochio2.gif

Hey Ron,

While you are rooting me that "Stoplight", feel free to root me a "Pinocchio" as well, if you are so inclined and have easy access to a donor plant. "Pinocchio" looks like another must have variety for me! And then, that's it - no more after this! And I'll pay postage!!!

Ron from DE

Ron - I don't have one in my yard but I believe Ricky offered a cutting to me when I visit his garden. To our beloved Delaware super crotonhead I am sure we will be able to forward a "Pinocchio" to you next spring.

Ron - do not resist the "force", Ray is absolutely right - you will be saying "only one more" for the next 20 years. Start making plans to expand your sun room now! Also whatever square footage you think to agree on for expansion, double it now because you will fill it fast. A tropical oasis in DE in the middle of winter, how fascinating. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

Ron. :)

Funny that you should say that. I've never seen it outside my garden, Jesse Durko's (where it came from), or the landscape jobs that I planted it on.

How large are the leaves on Pinocchio? B/c I have an unidentified croton with smallish leaves - just that shape - that looks like the photo. And it just may have been the croton I got at Jesse's years ago. Hasn't grown much since then.

location is everything. we have a very nice hedge of them about 4.5 ft tall, lots of sun and the leaves don't get bigger than 4".