Pastel Colors w/ Lots of Pink

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
Here's something new, well to me at least. I could use some help with an ID if anyone thinks it might be something, or just another variety that has slipped through the cracks and never was named.

Attachments

• P1010842.jpg
    P1010842.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 121
  • P1010843.jpg
    P1010843.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 107
Jeff,
How about an update on this beauty!

Well, just this past couple of weeks, I planted approx. 75 crotons(3gal.) of which there were about 25 different varieties. This pink one in the picture was planted(3 plants)among them all. At the Glock's Croton Tour this past December, I brought many different ones over, including this one to have identified, and only 2 names were put on these plants. Major Sterwart and The Clown. The rest drew blanks from all the experts that were there, including Bob A. and Mark.

So...as of right now, according to my friend who has this collection, it's un-named for right now, but will be named in the future soon. Mostly all original plants.
Jeff

Red Quill revealing nice pink tinges at this time of the year before coloring up towards the Fall season. This plant receives shade most of the day. It gets "kissed" by the sun for a couple of hours in the afternoon then gets shade as the sun travels westward. :)

Attachments

• Red Quill.jpg
    Red Quill.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 85
This cultivar is much more common now. Even found in many big box store garden departments. If situated in a shady aspect in the garden, wonderful pink hues will be your reward. Although no longer uncommon, that still does not negate the fact that it is a very gorgeous plant. Mrs. Iceton is an excellent choice for adding some pink coloration to a shady area of your garden! :)

Attachments

• Mrs. Iceton.jpg
    Mrs. Iceton.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Mrs. Iceton2.jpg
    Mrs. Iceton2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Mrs. Iceton3.jpg
    Mrs. Iceton3.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 91