Palm Puzzle Contest - No. 2

Remember now, I will not be replying until both palms are identified correctly. So if there is no comment on your guesses, that means either both are wrong, or one is wrong.

So Kostas - No Comment

So the silence and a review of the pix that I can now view indicate I am a LOSER (finger shape 'L' against forehead) yet again. So where are all the other guesses??? Some other palm kooks should make some loser guesses so we can eliminate some more names!!!

Kim,
My system is intentionally diabolical in that you could have one right and one wrong, but you would still get the silent treatment. So just because nothing has yet been commented on, that doesn't mean there is any process of elimination going on.

In other words, all that you know for sure is no one has guessed both right on the same guess.

Kim had two good guesses. I thought Kuhlii right away when I saw it. So I gots to go with:
Pinanga Coronata "Kuhlii" and Licuala peltata (spilt leaf).

Ah, L. peltata 'split leaf' would have been a very diabolical and difficult selection on my part.

But "no cigar."

I have to admit, these are all some really good guess. I can see where they are all coming from. Makes me even happier I made it so hard, or you guys would have wiped me out in a day or two. :)

I don't know when the 24 hour clock resets, but it looks to me like more pieces have been removed since my last guess....so....

Areca vestiara and Cryosophila warsewiczii (albida)?

Matt

Matt,

I guess there really is no time limit on wrong guesses anyway. :)

BTW - Pieces are removed at random times so as not to give any time zone an advantage. That's why it's 24 hours per guess, not according to the time of daily removal. Notice that I am putting the number of pieces removed, and when in between the two puzzles in red type.

This is torture. Can I get $25 for #2. I'm 99% sure on #2 now...sure enough that I'm not even going to make a guess until I have a better idea on #1. #1 looks so familiar, but I just can't come up with anything.

Dean, are you removing chosen pieces, or is it random? I find it amazing that so far not a single leaflet tip is visible for palm #1.

Matt

Are you trying to make me feel sorry for you? :)

Are you lobbying for a leaf tip? I'm already removing more pieces than promised each day.

It's only fair - my first $50 only bought me about an hour of fun. So I'm getting my money's worth this time. (If you only knew)

How's this - in about an hour, I'll remove a bonus amount of 20 - maybe you'll get a leaf tip, but I am only picking at random, trying to get them as spread out as I can.

OK I lied, I really have no idea on the 2nd one, this is just a completely random guess, don't bother copying my answer for the 2nd one if you know the first....

Areca vestiara and Itaya amicorum