NEED SOME I.D. HELP WITH UNKNOWN CROTONS IN MY GARDENS

donroberth

19/07/09
Here are photos 01 thru 10 that I need some help identifying… I have posted some of them in the past but with no luck. All of these cultivars can be found in my latest contribution to the new sub-forum entitled CROTONS IN THE LANDSCAPE
(
ROBERTICO'S CROTON GARDENS IN COSTA RICA) that can be found in the headings in this forum.

Please feel to note your comments or ideas that may help me I.D. them. :confused:

01  DSC06659.JPG
02 DSC06866.JPG
03 DSC08069.JPG
04  DSC03419.JPG
05 EXCL-USE DSC06234.JPG
06 CROTON CLUSTER.JPG
07 DSC06548.JPG
08 DSC07295.JPG
09 DSC06876.JPG
10 DSC08072.JPG

Robertico,
They're all beauties. Wish I could help with the IDs but I don't have a clue. Maybe they're seedlings or sports developed in Costa Rica. The fourth one has some affinity to Baron Rothchild and based on the leaf shape of the first one, perhaps a White Cutler's Gulfstream. The third one is a bit like Raja but the leaf tip is more rounded on yours. I love the last one you posted. What a great orange!

Sorry Robert,I cant help either,the third one looks like a yellow excurrens sport that I have but it is a little different.Very nice plants

To: Marie Nock, Bullwinkle, Palmisland and Kipjanet, many thanks for your comments and compliments re: "NOIDS" in my garden...and on with my quest!

Hi Kipjanet...I live in the Central Valley just south of San Jose in the Escazu Hills above San Antonio de Escazu. My crotons generally tend to be a bit smaller than the beautiful cultivars I see posted by the membership in this forum. I blame the altitude (4,500 feet above sea level), although this is very high by Florida standards, I never have to worry about the temperature...it never gets below 50 degrees F or 10 degrees C and no wind chill to worry about! :)

Last edited:
These are soooo beautiful! I do not have anything similar but the third from the bottom :). Therefore I think that it is Stoplight:D

Robert, I looked up the town you live in. San Antonio de Escazu, what a beautiful place and now I know the where you got your profile picture (rueda de carreta) from your festival Dia Nacional Del Boyero. The wheels on the carts are all painted beautiful. Hope to visit Costa Rica some day.