My Camera (Wife's) Died

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Can't take any photos. My wife's camera "says" that memory card is full no matter what SD card we insert. I am sure it is "stuck" in a logic loop that I can not figure how to reset. I ordered a new camera online for her since she needs it for work as a Pre-school teacher. Does not look like it will get here until Dec. 28 - to 30th. I'm too cheap to pay for expedited shipping. Love the free shipping.

Maybe Santa will bring the Moose his own camera? Don't know if I am still on the naughty list. I really wish that Santa brings all the forum members here new cameras so they can start posting some croton bling photos! ;)

Ron - open the camera's menu and there will be a selection somewhere that says to Format. You'll lose every photo, hope you copied them all to your computer, but you'll save the camera.

I hope you all get the Chrissie presents you hope for, and an extension to your green thumbs for Christmas, and Hope Your Plants handle the cold.
I'll be eating prawns,drinking beers and swimming in the pool, If its not Raining,
Hope you all have a safe and Great Festive season
Cheers
Shane

Ricky is right. Your card needs to be formatted per the menu. You must format SD cards every now & then to "clear" it of old data.

So are you saying my data is locked up on the SD card. Seems odd that both cards happened at the same time. Can I put the SD card in my computer to down load the pics or are they locked-up? Got alot more croton photos waiting for the Fall Amazing Croton thread. I bought a brand new SD card yesterday - I gonna check if if that will work in the camera. :eek:

That's unless you "want" a new one :rolleyes:

Heck yah I want a new one! I've been using my wife's and she grudgingly allows me too. My son hides his Nikon from me. His new camera has so much bling on it, I really don't want to spend the hours how to operate it. I need an auto focus point and shoot model.

Hopefully my wife's camera is fine and I can claim the Nikon Coolpix replacement that is on its way. Got it for the wife - its purple :eek:

I hope that Santa brings Mr. Searle a waterproof digital camera. :p

It's not waterproof, but it sure is better than what I used to have. I have a Nikon D3100. And I do apoligize for not being a team player. Alot of crotons to take pictures of but I just can't seem to find the time to do it. I would certainly welcome any of you to come over and spend some time walking and talking, and maybe a few pic's while your at it.

It's not waterproof, but it sure is better than what I used to have. I have a Nikon D3100. And I do apoligize for not being a team player. Alot of crotons to take pictures of but I just can't seem to find the time to do it. I would certainly welcome any of you to come over and spend some time walking and talking, and maybe a few pic's while your at it.

Jeff - that is a real nice camera. My son James got the D3100 about 7 months ago. He is very pleased with it. He keeps it hidden from me so I won't touch it. :(

One great feature is that it is too large to put in a pocket and get forgotten when entering water. :rolleyes: