Measles, chicken pox,...

Phil Stager

Esteemed Member
04/07/09
DSCN7878.JPG
DSCN7877.JPG
Noted some unusual blotching that resembles plant measles or chicken pox on several crotons this spring. Tristan displays it the best as shown on pics below
DSCN7873.JPG
DSCN7874.JPG
DSCN7875.JPG
DSCN7877.JPG
DSCN7878.JPG
DSCN7873.JPG
DSCN7874.JPG
DSCN7875.JPG

image.jpg
Have you made a Fert application resonantly? I see some similar color after planting new airlayer
image.jpg

Marie -
Thanks for the info in the paper. However, I do not believe that the red spotting or blotching is a Xanthanoma which has vein delimited black or dark grey spots. These are all red and are not vein delimited as seen in some of the photos.
onward through the fog....

I hope it is not going to be a problem for your crotons. I would not have even realized there was anything wrong with them, just would have assumed that was the color they are supposed to be. Good luck figuring out your mystery. It was a colder than usual winter at times here, so don't know if that can impact anything. I noticed that many of the crotons took a beating at Harry Leu Gardens in Orlando, some being killed back to the ground. I lost a few really sensitive plants but most things are really looking good with the recent rain. Unfortunately that includes the weeds.