Look what was found ID ?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
There was an incident on an escalator that required me to conduct an investigation on the equipment. This escalator is in an atrium and look what I found growing next to it yesterday. Could someone give me an idea what cultivar it is. These plants are growing in air conditioning with limited irrigation occuring.

Attachments

• 15a.jpg
    15a.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 113
  • 15b.jpg
    15b.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 15c.jpg
    15c.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 15d.jpg
    15d.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 123
This next one is growing by the stretched one. It lloks simular to the first photos posted. However they are growing in the same light and the same growing conditions and the coloration seems distinct. What do you think croton fans? :p

Attachments

• 17a.jpg
    17a.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 17b.jpg
    17b.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 17c.jpg
    17c.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 96
Scott - Zero. But I have access to this building and have some connections. They are not plant people and do not have a clue what they got. In other words, I am going to do air layers. Would love to know what these guys are though. Where are our Florida West Coast guys, could use your help with some id's. :confused:

Jeff and Phil - at first when seeing these Rheedii I was very excited as I thought I had come accross an unusual cultivar. After posting the pictures on this forum I started to think that the leaf looked alot like Rheedii. Because of the coloration I thought it may be a distict cultivar. After Jeff made the id of Rheedii, I remembered that Jeff had commented on another post that he has seen some Rheedii that would "knock your socks off". These two different and unique colored Rheedii would fall under that catagory in my opinion. I will acquire these guys and attempt to mimic their growing conditions and see if the color patterns are maintained. If they stay colored like this, I am sure they will be wanted in some crotonhead garden. :cool:

Has anyone heard from Ray (Crazy for Crotons)? I have not seen him on this forum in awhile. Hope everything is OK with him. :rolleyes:

I've seen an occasional reference to Rheedii #1 or #3 but never any side-by-side pics. Lighting conditions can do lots of things to Rheedii from dull dull to flaming hot pinks.

Ray is on vacation. I'm sure we'll hear about his plant collecting when he returns.

I've seen an occasional reference to Rheedii #1 or #3 but never any side-by-side pics. Lighting conditions can do lots of things to Rheedii from dull dull to flaming hot pinks.

Ray is on vacation. I'm sure we'll hear about his plant collecting when he returns.

Phil,

Rheedii #3 is a nice large leaf croton with pretty decent colors. I actually just stuck some cuttings in the misthouse on this one last week.

I talked to Ray yesterday, he's"reported" back with some real exciting croton conversation. Pictures on their way soon.....