J. J. Glock tour

Native son

Esteemed Member
16/11/12
10a
I am having a hard time with expressing the appreciation for today's event. The garden was excellent in all aspects, huge palms beautiful croton groups perfectly manicured. Then you add the Jeff and Tim dog and pony show, let the good times roll. The group really showed our true self went it came to the food line we brought a ton of food and then tried eat it all. The variety and quality of the of the auction plants most certainly reached a new high. Thank You everyone, :cool:

Carpooled to the event with Mike Harris. The croton mania seems to keep growing. Smiles were everywhere on the faces that I estimated over 50.

Here is a shot of the auction plants with George Zammas' son in blue. Judy was busy helping loading crotons in her golf cart trailer - they were still coming ...

Attachments

• Tour 1.JPG
    Tour 1.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 149
I'm horrible with names - this is the best I can go L - R Mrs. (Sue?) Branch, husband Rob Branch of Sarasota, Judy Glock (background in red) heading inside to see how Brenda Schilling and Andrea Searle are progressing with the feast preparations), Georgina Binns (dressed in Black) and Mr. (Don?) Binns (light blue shirt, obscured) of Fort Myers, Mr. Cutler (Black shirt, back facing the photographer) of Fort Myers and Carol Graff of Miami.

Attachments

• Tour 2.JPG
    Tour 2.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 142
As promised Jerry Schilling brought his amazing seedlings. These are all one of a kind seedlings that Jerry attached only numbers. If you were lucky enough to prevail in the auction of these fabulous cultivars - you also won the naming rights. All these plants (as expected) went for big $$$. All the proceeds went The Little Daisy Fund.

Attachments

• Tour 3.JPG
    Tour 3.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 161
Some shots of the auction plants. It was amazing the array of cultivars found. There were very few duplicates. I cannot provide names to these photos - Ana may have made a list. :eek:

Attachments

• Tour 4.JPG
    Tour 4.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 137
  • Tour 5.JPG
    Tour 5.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Tour 6.JPG
    Tour 6.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 137
Jim and Judy,
Thank you so much for hosting this fabulous event! What a treat it was to finally see your Ft. Myers garden with all your beauties. It was great to talk crotons with so many people. We had not seen Bob Alonso in probably 10 years so seeing him and meeting Mark was a treat too. Thanks to everyone for bringing scrumptious dishes and rare crotons for the auction. Steve took a few photos that I'll post but my absolute favorite has nothing to do with crotons...

DSC_0453.jpg

Marie - glad to hear that you at least got 4. You did way better than the Moose getting outbid. Great panoramic view of the crowd. :cool:

Here is another shot of the auction plants. To the right, Mr. Binns talking with Mr. Cutler. The camera holder is Rob Branch - snapping a bunch of shots of all the croton bling. :D

Attachments

• Tour 7.JPG
    Tour 7.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 161
The Auction in action ...

Left to Right (kinda): Jose Lopez (white shirt) of Miami, FL, Bob Alonso (blue shirt) of Fort Myers, FL, Phil Stager (white cap) St. Petersburg, FL, Lamar Sapp (Cowboy Hat) of Plantation, FL, Bob Pope (blue shirt sitting adjacent to Lamar) of Homestead, FL, Mrs. Peck Pope (standing next to hubby Bob) of Homestead, FL, Perry Edge (white cap, sitting below the Popes) of St. Petersburg, FL, Lew Berger (blue shirt, standing) of Palm Beach, Mrs. Cathy Berger (blue shirt, sitting below hubby Lew) of Palm Beach, Andrea Searle (black blouse, standing) of Southwest Ranches, FL, Jeff Searle the Auctioneer working the crowd (orange shirt from the back) of Southwest Ranches, FL, Tim O'Donnel holding the auctioning croton Picturatum (brown shirt from behind) of Key West, FL, Bruce McAlpin (white shirt, green cap, sitting) of Labelle, FL, Our host Jim Glock (grey shirt, standing) of Fort Myers, FL, Our Hostess Mrs. Judy Glock (red shirt, sitting below hubby Jim) of Fort Myers, FL, Mrs. & Mr. Rich Sherman Williams (both with red shirts) of Winter Haven, FL

Attachments

• Tour 8.JPG
    Tour 8.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 148
Tim holds up the Picturatum for a photo opp. Ana (to the left in green): "get a photo for the Wiki Ron, get a photo for the Wiki!"

Attachments

• Tour 9.JPG
    Tour 9.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 127
:( Sorry I missed this again. I ended up in VA, taking care of family matters. Nice to be back in FL where it still looks and feel like summer. :)

Hey Randy! Thanks for all your great pics,once again! It's nice to see some people pics as well!

Thank you all for coming!
Jim and Judy

Due to the limit of 10 plants allowed to be entered in the auction - here are a few that did not make the final cut.

Angel Wing

Attachments

• Angel Wing 1.JPG
    Angel Wing 1.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 128
  • Angel Wing 2.JPG
    Angel Wing 2.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 115
Claude Lorraine that should be exhiting lots of pastel pink very soon.

Attachments

• Claude Lorraine 1.JPG
    Claude Lorraine 1.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Claude Lorraine 2.JPG
    Claude Lorraine 2.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 127
Mrs Snyder Disraeli - this came from the same plant that produced the sport now known as Pam Kiefert

Attachments

• Mrs Snyder Disraeli 1.JPG
    Mrs Snyder Disraeli 1.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Mrs Snyder Disraeli 2.JPG
    Mrs Snyder Disraeli 2.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Mrs Snyder Disraeli 3.JPG
    Mrs Snyder Disraeli 3.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Mrs Snyder Disraeli 4.JPG
    Mrs Snyder Disraeli 4.JPG