ID pretty please.

putu enjula

28/09/07
Sorry I am totally confused at this point!! I'm sure it is common because we picked it up from the dump. The last pic is the underside.

Attachments

• IMGP0513.jpg
    IMGP0513.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMGP0511.jpg
    IMGP0511.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMGP0505.jpg
    IMGP0505.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMGP0512.jpg
    IMGP0512.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 156
:eek::)........

Attachments

• IMGP0507.jpg
    IMGP0507.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMGP0514.jpg
    IMGP0514.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMGP0508.jpg
    IMGP0508.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMGP0510.jpg
    IMGP0510.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 163
Uh... does this mean no one knows or is it so easy that I should have known what it is?
Here's another pic. These are three cuttings planted together.

Attachments

• IMGP0520.jpg
    IMGP0520.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 219
Angela,
Over the past 8 years we've been bringing in crotons from Hawaii - some from Oahu and some from the Big Island - and only a handful are varieties that are familiar to us and have been named. Some have names over there that are different from the names in Brown's book. Ex: Indian Blanket there is Baron Le Compte here. The varities in Hawaii are brilliantly colored and should be named but I don't know the process for officially naming a croton - perhaps someone with knowledge could comment.
Next time we're there, we'll have to go to Kona to see what you have.
Marie

Angela - Ray, Jeff, Phil and Ricky are usually the best guys to I.D. stuff. I think they have been busy this weekend and partially they have problems I.D.ing cultivars with very little amount of leaves. Leaf shape and leaf size is a component needed for an ID. In florida it takes about 3 years for most cultivars to reach their optimal potential. In Hawaii that process should be accelerated. Give it some time and let your plants go through several new leaf flushes and then perhaps an accurate ID can be made. By the way, those leaves have outstanding coloration!

Ron.

Angela,

Like Marie said, there are many crotons over in Hawaii that we don't have. There's not much interest there in collecting from what I ever have seen. And so, most don't ever get names attached to them. The one in the picture , no idea.

Jeff

Do you think it could be a Kentucky with more intense color - due to being in Hawaii? Just wondering.....

Angela, it's a beauty. Really nice color.

Thanks for all the response! The more I look at all y'all's pictures, the more I get confused. I think the only thing I can ID at this point is Petra and Gold Dust LOL.

Angela - The more I look at those colors the more I like it. Why don't you bring it with you to the meeting at Ricky's and donate it for the auction? LOL :D

Wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

The first and last time I was in Florida was August.

If I were to visit again, it would have to be in the coolest and least humid month of the year. Is there such a month there??? :)