I have the perfect place for the next meeting!

RonDEZone7a

02/07/09
Why not here on my patio???? We had a light dusting of snow today here in Wilmington, Delaware...

P1070260.jpg

That's a 4-foot fence over there to the right!

P1070258.jpg

Luckily, the crotons are safe inside!!

P1070253.jpg

Luckily, the crotons are safe inside!!

As are mine, Ron, as are mine...

Temps to return to the 30s tonight, no end of these chilly days and cold nights. :mad: :confused: :mad: The crotons are indoors, along with potted palmies, special bougies and my favorite cordies. Can't even get into the bedroom with all the plants in there, but who needs to? The heat works better in the living room.

Of course, it's nothing like where you are - how much snow have you had so far? And do you still have electric?

Here in the Philadelphia area (I am in northern Delaware, 20 miles south of Philly), we have had all-time record breaking snow this winter. We had close to 2 feet last weekend and another 1 foot today! I am REALLY sick of it. We did lose power for 5 hours today but my sunroom did not go below 55'F so the crotons are fine!

Here are some shots from today...
IMG_8517.jpg

My Loblolly Pines are really unhappy... this snow was heavier and wetter than last weekend's
IMG_9005.jpg

And my patio is even more buried !!
IMG_8520.jpg

Ron, The Crotons look nice and warm inside. I wish I had put mine inside. The cold down here in Tampa I fear has been to much for them this year.

Here in the Philadelphia area (I am in northern Delaware, 20 miles south of Philly), we have had all-time record breaking snow this winter. We had close to 2 feet last weekend and another 1 foot today! I am REALLY sick of it. We did lose power for 5 hours today but my sunroom did not go below 55'F so the crotons are fine!

IMG_8520.jpg

There's a patio under all that??:eek: Geez you all have had so much snow this winter, I can't believe all the stories I'm hearing. Never has it been that bad up there.

Scott, I don't think our outdoor crotons are going to make it through this. Just too cold for too long. We lost our landscape crotons, except for a few.

Sihara, The Crotons that I thought had made it now look as they did not. I noticed a few were pushing new growth buds on the leafless stems only to see them shrivel in the last few days. It looks that I may have lost 50% of my Crotons, but I am holding hope they will return at ground level at least.

IMG_8517.jpg

My Loblolly Pines are really unhappy... this snow was heavier and wetter than last weekend's
IMG_9005.jpg

IMG_8520.jpg

Ron - your yard looks like you could grow lipstick palms with no trouble. You are in a rainforest. Just the rain is a little hard right now. :rolleyes:

No "rainforest" here! It's a %&*(#$% ICEBOX !!!

I don't think I could even grow a LipStick Palm in my house, after our 5-hour power failure last Wednesday!

I'm SICK of everything! I need to plan a trip to FLORIDA!!!! I will try to come to a Croton Society Meeting this year, for seasonal disorder therapy!

We're having a big melt down now - days are at least in the 40s and nights are just above freezing - plus we're getting rain. But there are still huge piles of snow around and more than 50% of my property is still covered from the earlier storms. I never saw so much snow in Delaware, nor did I ever see if last so long.

We're having a big melt down now - days are at least in the 40s and nights are just above freezing - plus we're getting rain. But there are still huge piles of snow around and more than 50% of my property is still covered from the earlier storms. I never saw so much snow in Delaware, nor did I ever see if last so long.

Ron - Hopefully after the next twenty five days Spring will show up with a vengance. :rolleyes: