Halloween Croton Adventure ( Back from the dead )

Kingdavid

Esteemed Member
17/09/12
Every day when i would head to work i would notice the beautiful crotons this one old house had . Problem was it was fenced and could never see anyone home to ask about cuttings. this went on for a long time . finally one day i saw some activity at the house , but was late for work . On the way home that night it was dark so i could see nothing . The next day when i drove up all the crotons were gone ......Quite the bummer . 4 days later i saw a construction dumpster out front and couldnt resist looking inside , sure enough all the crotons had been cut up with a chainsaw , no leaves nothing , being a croton head i drug out the bare root plants and headed home , trimmed what i could and planted the stumps and put the sticks in some buckets of H20 .Only one of the root balls showed signs of life , so i took some pictures along the way . the only one ive seen like it was at Jeffs house ....please let me know if you have any idea what the name is . Thank David

Attachments

• 259.jpg
    259.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 258.jpg
    258.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 84
  • 257.jpg
    257.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 256.jpg
    256.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 150.PNG
    150.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • 325.jpg
    325.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 283.jpg
    283.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 85
David, if you think you saw it at Jeff's house, why don't you send a PM to Jeff asking him to look at it. Otherwise he might miss the post? It's a beautiful plant, and it would be nice to know. Sounds like he's your best chance.

David,
What a beauty this is! I can't ID it but take a look at the picture of Connie Cutler on Page 87 of Brown's book. The blotching is very similar. It will be interesting to see the mature color of the leaves on yours. Please take good care of this one so you can bring some to an auction one day.
Marie

David,
What a beauty this is! I can't ID it but take a look at the picture of Connie Cutler on Page 87 of Brown's book. The blotching is very similar. It will be interesting to see the mature color of the leaves on yours. Please take good care of this one so you can bring some to an auction one day.
Marie

i think its a little bit different than the Connie Cutter ,But Now that i looked at the picture im sure i have one identicle ,Ive never know the name . ill try to post a picture , Thanks Is the Connie cutter common ive never seen one posted ?