Green and Yellows

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
Here's a couple of new additions to the yard. The first one has a leaf that is a little bit larger than a Diane, and a different shape. It's big! The second one is quite different with it's viening pattern. They came from a very old croton garden and I hope their names can be remembered hopefully. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Attachments

• croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 033.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 033.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 98
  • croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 035.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 035.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 114
Marie and Peyton,

According to Bob Alonzo, these are both still unknown to all of us. The first one is absolutely incredible with it's size of leaf and unique markings. The second one he thought at the time(2 years ago) could maybe be a Davis #10, but I think I remember seeing that one in one of the past calendars and it wasn't. To see it in person, you would immediately know it's not a Mons Florin. Of course now, their in a rag-tag look and will need some warm months and rain to get them back to the way they should look.

When posting pics, esp of unknown, unidentified, mystery, etc. crotons, try and put some scale in it - a finger, your foot, a rufler, the dog, something to give some sense of size.

Now FWIW, that second one looks a lot like an unamed variety with mediumj size leaves in the yard. See pic

Attachments

• DSCN2600.jpg
    DSCN2600.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 83
At first I did not embrace the Green/Yellow crotons. My mind got changed awhile ago! :cool: Every croton picture posted in this thread deserves a place in a discerning gardener's garden !!! :)

Jeff, maybe they need a change in location to get rid of that rag-tag look- like
maybe in Bradenton????