Glen Roof

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Glen Roof.jpg
This Glen Roof is from a small air layer I took from my original plant. The momma plant is way too shaded and stretched. This air layer has out performed the mother plant growth wise.

This is a very beautiful croton that unfortunately is not seen as often as it should. It is my hope that when the "Society" is reborn, that these plants get promoted to and planted by "non-collectors". :)

Last edited:
Ron,

I agree. It's just that there is not alot of this plant growing where you can take hundreds of cuttings or many air layers. When I started about 15 years ago, I remember this being one of the Holy Grails to look for.

It's not a common plant. ...and I would not call it a fast grower, but it is slow and steady for the past ten years but what you see is all there is... The two top pics are the same plant, just two different main stems in different light.

Attachments

• DSCN3624.jpg
    DSCN3624.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN3625.jpg
    DSCN3625.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN3626.jpg
    DSCN3626.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 103
Ray, that's impressive! Glad your Glen Roof survived - last year was nasty.

My Glen Roofs spent the cold snap indoors - didn't want to take any chances. I love these crotons - I got two of them at Jeff's sale, think it was year-before-last. I just can't understand why you hardly ever see them.

Phil, the photos are beauties - thanks for posting!

Hi everyone - I've missed you all!

Well we missed you Nyssa! ;) Glad to see you back on the forum. :cool:

It was a nice suprise running into you (where else) in the croton area at Jeff's sale after you being MIA for so long. :)

Looking forward to your future posts.

Kindest regards, :D

Ron

Ray, that's impressive! Glad your Glen Roof survived - last year was nasty.

My Glen Roofs spent the cold snap indoors - didn't want to take any chances. I love these crotons - I got two of them at Jeff's sale, think it was year-before-last. I just can't understand why you hardly ever see them.

Phil, the photos are beauties - thanks for posting!

Hi everyone - I've missed you all!