Frienship Requests

Jim Glock

07/07/09
Folks, Judy and I consider everyone that we touch in our "Croton Lives" to be our friends. That being said, we don't want to have any requests to be our friend or to befriend you. We don't do facebook, because it annoys the hell out of me to get these damn requests to be friends. I would like to see this feture removed from this forum. Judy and I have been your friends, are your friends, and will be your friends in the future. Please turn this request process off on this website.

Jim, as I understand it, the friend feature is nothing more than a place to store those you wish to be able to PM easily. In other words, if you wish to send a PM, instead of searching the member's list or elsewhere, just add them to your friend's list. Then when needed, just click My Profile and then your friend and you are ready to send a message. The notification only indicates that someone is making it easy for them to send you a message, and so you can add them to your "easy to send" list if you care to - nothing more. If someone wishes to make it easy for them to communicate with me, I don't mind. I just ignore the friend request because I have other means to contact those I wish to.

It appears as if you do the same, as I don't see anyone in your friends list. And there won't be, unless you add them. Is it that you are worried those who add you to their list will be offended if you don't add them to yours? Again, they are only making it easier on themselves when wishing to send you a PM.

I checked and this can not be turned off individually. It may be possible to alter the database and disable it globally.

Is this something everyone would like to see disabled - if I can?

It's probably a little too "facebook" for this site. It's easy to PM as is. We are already friends in this small network, it might be in poor taste to differentiate.

Folks, Judy and I consider everyone that we touch in our "Croton Lives" to be our friends. That being said, we don't want to have any requests to be our friend or to befriend you. We don't do facebook, because it annoys the hell out of me to get these damn requests to be friends. I would like to see this feture removed from this forum. Judy and I have been your friends, are your friends, and will be your friends in the future. Please turn this request process off on this website.

Jim,

I hope your feeling better now and have changed your outlook about this topic. Because I WANT to be your friend. Today, tomorrow and hopefully forever. Whatever it takes, can we be friends? I love to chat on Facbook, so I am requesting to be YOUR friend. If I have to give you crotons once a month to "buy" your friendship, I'm perfectly happy with that. I'll contact you.
Jeff