DISCLAIMER - We Will Be Using Some of Your Photos

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
We will be attempting to generate some interest in getting the many photos, and a lot of the information we are collecting here, into the Online Croton Reference. If you have any objections to the use of your photos, let us know.

We are assuming that since you already posted them on Palmpedia's Croton Forum, that you have no objection to them being posted on another part of Palmpedia - the Online Croton Reference Encyclopedia as well.

This is something that anyone can help with - a little or a lot. Stay tuned for the beginnings of this project, and consider helping a little if you can. It could be as simple as when you are uploading any photos to the Forum, to also upload some to the wiki - with names. That would help a lot. Wiki photos can be much larger, higher quality, and uploaded 10 at a time.

I am not very computer savvy and have enough difficulties attaching photos already. :eek:
lo
I have tried posting pictures into the Croton Reference, but it did not work.:mad: I hope that multi pictures of the same Croton will be posted of each. Shade/Sun grown they like diffrent plants to me.

As time allows, I was going to start collecting pics from the threads of ID'd plants and then start posting to the wiki. I agree, different light exposure shots will be most helpful to newbies like me. I figure by helping with this project, I will be teaching myself to ID them too.

Ricky,
As I collect and upload, I am making sure I post the names positively ID'd in the threads. I am also posting who took the photos to give credit. I managed to do 10+ already. Figured it out if the sub category already exists. I just don't know how to add new ones yet.

The Jungle Gal is doing amazing things. :) And she didn't need any help at all from me. She's a Computer Gal too.

For all you scaredy cats, go to a wiki page and click on the edit tab. You will see what makes a page look like it does. You will also see the "code" she is using to insert photos. You should be able to figure out how to add some text like growing conditions, size, varieties it is confused with, etc. The sky is the limit.

I only pulled pics with positive IDs from our residing experts or if majority ruled on it's identity. I'm not attempting to ID these things myself LOL

Ricky -that is a valid issue. I am reluctant to make an I.D. on a cultivar that may be questionable. :eek:

Be aware that any of these "Croton Encyclopedia Pages" has a "Discussion Page" attached to them. You can carry out discussions of other possible IDs, cultivation tips, etc on these attached "Discussion Pages" and then transfer any agreed upon information to the main Encyclopedia Page.

It appears to me that there will always be some questions and disagreement concerning some of these cultivars. But at least all sides of any discussion can always be easily found by clicking on the Discussion Tab near the top of the page. And any info can be easily changed to reflect a different consensus than what was originally offered.

In other words, a mis-identification is not the end of the world. Getting a photo up and some name attached will always be better than nothing.