Disappointed in...

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
What Croton are you growing that has disappointed you? For me it is Stoplight. These were two beautiful plants when I purchased them over a year ago.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 89
My neighbor has half a dozen Stoplights over head high, with large, long, red leaves. He is a funny old man that likes to tell me crotons are "garbage" plants, but I think he is only trying to get a rise out of me. The Stoplights I have in the ground looked lame for at least 3 or 4 years, but now after eight years look great.

My neighbor has half a dozen Stoplights over head high, with large, long, red leaves. He is a funny old man that likes to tell me crotons are "garbage" plants, but I think he is only trying to get a rise out of me. The Stoplights I have in the ground looked lame for at least 3 or 4 years, but now after eight years look great.

Jim Glock lives next door to you? :rolleyes: LOL

I couldn't agree more. This time of the year my Stoplight always looks it's best. The colors are truely vibrant.

Scott.....with more light, I think you'll see a big change.

Jeff, It is growing in a few hrs morning sun now. I had it in more sun and it looked really bad. Thats when it was suggested here on the forum to give it less sun. Maybe its just going to take more time to return to a beauty of a plant. The second plant I give no hope for color again, it went dark after the past winter and shows no signs of color.