Cursing Myself

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Was not going to move anything. Walking around in a polo shirt and jeans while the wind was ripping I started to worry a bit. Double checked NOAA NWS and Weather Underground I found that my garden is forecast only 1 F above our record low.

What a pain in the Ass. Did not realize how many crotons I had tucked all around. Cursing myself for not getting more of them in the ground. Here is what 87 crotons look like all crammed and stacked upon one another.

Cozy 4.JPG Cozy 2.JPG Cozy 1.JPG

These are going to get covered around sun down when the temps start to drop

These are going to be left uncovered. All are up against the house's south wall out of the wind. There should be some radiant heat coming from the house as well. The warmest area of the garden during arctic blasts.

Cozy 3.JPG

Temperatures were beginning to drop @ 5:00 pm. Sun light was no longer hitting the stash of crotons, so they got tucked in for the night. Hopefully the covers will keep it warmer under there. :Cold

tucked 1.JPG tucked 3.JPG tucked 2.JPG

Watering at sunrise I noticed the water vapor rising from the mulch. Shoved the hose under the covers in 6 spots allowing all the mulch that these crotons are sitting on get nice and saturated with the 72 F water. It should of helped.