Challenger

Ron,
I'm growing it. My plant came from what was once a privately owned botanical garden in La Belle. I'll try to post a picture later.
Marie

Marie - do you have any available for collectors? Hold one for me if that is the case. I need to get by your place, the Holidays are amping up and getting hectic already. Please post a picture when you get time. :eek:

Yesterday I repotted every palm I have in a container and gave it a shot of nutricote. This is my winterization plan. Let the roots increase and have them ready to come indoors if we get some severe cold fronts. In the spring they will get planted. Today I am doing the crotons. :rolleyes:

Best regards, :)

Ron.

Ron,
As a result of your original post, I've been looking for Challenger and can't find it. I still have to go into that central area in the garden and look but it may have been lost during the winter.
Marie

Ray,
I looked again yesterday and it's still missing so that would be wonderful if you find one. Thanks,
Marie

Marie / Ray,

For those of us that don't know this variety, could you maybe explain some on it's looks and color? Size and shape of leaf? Does the auctioneer need one?:)

I'll load the car up with 2? I have some pre-freeze photos of this stunning variety. Thankfully, it survived the freeze but needs another summer (like many other specimens in my garden) to regain its pre-freeze appearance. One year wasn't enough for some really damaged plants to recover.

Just to give you guys an idea. This croton can get really great color.
Challenger.jpg

It finally got delivered to Marie. ;) It was brought in three times when it hit lows of 37 F. I believe this gets a very long leaf as it matures and often an interupted leaf as well. :cool: