Bimbo

Jeff - I heard it through the grapevine that you will have some of this cultivar available at your sale. Can you confirm or deny the rumor? :eek:

What is this...a court of law? Am I under oath?:cool:

Get in line, you'll be # 16 on the waiting list. That means somewhere around late summer of 2018. Or maybe you can find another source.:rolleyes: Just kidding, but no, I will not have any at my sale. My 3 plants in the ground are still very small = no airlayers. Try Marie Nocks, she does grow this one.

When it comes to this cultivar availability, Marie Nock pulls the Sgt. Shultz. :p

I think she is stashing some too? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• shultz.jpg
    shultz.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 233
What's the back story on this one & why it's so sought after?

Bren,

Frank Brown states in his first croton book (1960), "New, a very large broad-leaf variety. Dark red in color with an orange center. It has crimson veins and midrib. Recommended as a coming variety".

So, this plant has been around for a little more than 50 years, but no idea who gets the credit and named it. It's still a hard one to collect, but extreamly well worth getting.

Soon, I will get a picture to add to the Wiki Master List.

No pic pocomo. Go to manage attachments, select browse then upload. Your pic may be too big and need to be resized smaller. If you can't figure it out, you can email it to me & I'll post if for you.

here I'll try again. Bimbo

Attachments

• P1070656.jpg
    P1070656.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 146
  • P1070657.jpg
    P1070657.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 128
I bought this as a Bimbo.:eek: Is it??? :confused:It was in way, way too much shade, but it's now in better lighting. I hope it colors up some more. Is it a Bimbo? It has the leaf shape & red midrib. Maybe?

Randy:)

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 118
I bought this as a Bimbo.:eek: Is it??? :confused:It was in way, way too much shade, but it's now in better lighting. I hope it colors up some more. Is it a Bimbo? It has the leaf shape & red midrib. Maybe?

Randy:)

Randy,

If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I would say no as far as this being a Bimbo. To me, it doesn't even close. But....we'll see at the croton tour at your yard soon enough.