Baron James de Rothschild and Voncilla Barley

Crazy for Crotons

29/06/09
Jim and Judy Glock, please help out with these two plants.

PICT0331.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

Ray,

Just not sure. Especially the first one, it just looks so red. Maybe the Glocks and I can swing by soon and check them out. There's nothing better than seeing it in person.

Ray, I agree with Jeff that the first picture has more red and orange that I have seen in any of my Baron Rothchilds. The second croton looks like my Voncilla Barley. Jeff and I have decided that a lot of the crotons in the Keys seem to pick up more pink.

Judy

In Ray's original post, the second picture looks very, very simular to my Baron Rothschild. I am so confused. :confused:

If someone is growing Voncilla Barley and Baron James de Rothschild, could you post side by side photos so we could see the difference? :rolleyes:

Ron. :)

Attachments

• happy moose 2.jpg
    happy moose 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 123
Jeff, could you bring two specimens and maybe we could clear this one up with Bob too?

Ha,ha! I'm already up to about 20 plants that I'm going to sleeve and bring over in the back of my truck for everyone to look at and try to put an ID on. Alot of them I think are very new, and extreamly nice looking. I am also trying to bring a few older ones that still need to be looked at. For one, the Colonel Bob Bullock is one I hope we can clear up.

And Ray, to answer your question, I think I only have one of the two in question, but believe me, I will look very hard and carefully before I leave.

We all need a gooooood night sleep before this meeting!!!

Jeff - you can just put the ones I don't have in the back of my truck after the event. I am trying to help you out so you won't have so many to unload when you return home. :rolleyes:

I guess this went unresolved? :confused: :eek: All I know is what I have growing that is tagged Baron James de Rothschild looks exactly like Judy's I seen today. I think Voncilla Barley was a no show at the Holiday Social. :rolleyes:

This is another one that Marie Nock and I walked back and forth several times trying to determine if we could see the difference. Due to both cultivars growing in different shading and the changes happening with the cold events - we could not come up with a definite conclusion. I would love to see these both growing in the same conditions to see what difference could be determined. :rolleyes:

As Phil would say: Onward through the fog... :p