Barbara Bush?

palmisland

28/03/08
This one is now my current favorite. :p It was given to me with the name "Barbara Bush". I know the book name was changed to Evening Embers, but this doesn't look like that either. It has magnificent color, but what is it?:confused:

Randy:)

Attachments

• DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 97
Ray,Randy....

This is not Col. Bob Bullock, I will show you what CBB looks like when we walk in the garden after the sale. I also will have one for sale, which I expect to be snapped up in a nano second. I'm about as certain as you can get.:)

The one in the pictures here almost looks "Wilma-ish", but I'm not commited to that until I see it in person.

Jeff, this is a different plant that i got from the same person ID'd as Col Bob Bullock. The leaf shape is the same, although the coloring is different. Maybe it's the lighting, but it no way looks like the one you posted in the Palmtalk forum. Im confused again.:confused:

Randy:)

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 119
Randy,

I kind of feel like I was tricked.:) The colors of your first group look nothing like the last two pictures. The lighting is totally different from the two groups. Anyways, hopefully we can clear it up this weekend with the plant in the nursery, and if you can, your more than welcome to come over after the end of the day to see others in the yard. I hope you can.

Randy,

Mine looks more like the second set of photos. It's the same plant in different light.

Jeff,

I'm only identifying the plant based on Bob's comments. He's very good at identifying plants but we all make mistakes.