Bachman or Bachmann?

Peyton,

I just got off the phone with Frank Brown about the Bachman(n)name, and he told me that he dosen't know, or remember if it's spelled with one "n" or two. The same with the publishing date of his last book. I remember it coming out in the early to mid 90's.

Hey Jeff thanks for checking - Brown's second book actually uses both spellings BTW...
I've tried to clarify the spelling with internet searches but no definitive answers there...
I really shouldn't let stuff like this bug me...

Seen it most commonly spelled with one "n", I would go with that. Bachman's daughter-in-law is featured in the book and I would surmise she would have noticed the misspelling of the family name. Just my thoughts. ;)

Here is mine as of this am. It really got the crap beat out of it last winter. It still has not returned to what it looked like before. As a matter of fact, this is the best it has looked since Dec. 2009. The plants around it have grown and afforded it more protection this season.

Attachments

• AAA Rudy Bachman.jpg
    AAA Rudy Bachman.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 123
Actually, I prefer to know the correct spelling.

Ok here goes :) "RUDOLF BACHMANN" In 1927 Rudolf Bachmann was listed as a carpenter. From 1928 to 1933 he was an
auto mechanic, but from 1934 he was a nurseryman. Rudolf and his wife Freda residied at 3716 NW 22nd Ave.
Bonita Gardens Which is in Miami (Bonita was a name he used on 2 of his croton hybrid`s Bonita 1 and Bonita 2).
Some of the recorded Crotons That Mr. Bachmann Hybridized are: RUDY BACHMANN, CARL BACHMANN,
MARRIETA BACHMANN, CHRISTMAS, THANKSGIVING, BIG RED, BONITA 1, BONITA 2, SUNDAY,
DRAGNET, JOE FRIDAY, MONA LISA, FINISHED.

That information is from the archives ill stick with the 2 N's

Ok here goes :) "RUDOLF BACHMANN" In 1927 Rudolf Bachmann was listed as a carpenter. From 1928 to 1933 he was an
auto mechanic, but from 1934 he was a nurseryman. Rudolf and his wife Freda residied at 3716 NW 22nd Ave.
Bonita Gardens Which is in Miami (Bonita was a name he used on 2 of his croton hybrid`s Bonita 1 and Bonita 2).
Some of the recorded Crotons That Mr. Bachmann Hybridized are: RUDY BACHMANN, CARL BACHMANN,
MARRIETA BACHMANN, CHRISTMAS, THANKSGIVING, BIG RED, BONITA 1, BONITA 2, SUNDAY,
DRAGNET, JOE FRIDAY, MONA LISA, FINISHED.

That information is from the archives ill stick with the 2 N's

Hmmm, know that house pretty well, of course back in the day. That's where all my original RB cuttings came from. I'm sure there's a picture or two still floating around with me in action there.:eek: