Are they the same ?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Is Davis #14 and Davis Compacta the same cultivar? :confused: I have only seen a Davis Compacta a couple of times. I do not recall having seen a Davis #14 in person, let alone seeing these plants side by side for comparison. :eek:

Cant help you there,I just found out about Davis 14, 3 days ago??Does any know exactly how many Davis plants exist??I know they run all the way up to Davis 87.Could there once really have been 87 different Davis plants??Where are they now,have most of them been lost or just renamed??

87 Davis Hybrids??? I was under the impression that there were either 7 or 14. Either way, I doubt that a plant with leaves the size of a Davis 14 would be called "Compacta".

I know there is a Davis 87 as that is a variety that I am trying to get my hands on :)
I doubt that this is compacta,the leaves are pretty big already and my plant is not full grown.,

Group,

I have no idea if there ever was 87 different Davis plants that were numbered in order. I don't think anyone knows now, it's been so long. I know the Davis #87 and has seen it, but don't own one. I have Davis compacta and it's a totally different plant. Both nice.

Thanks Jeff,maybe someelse has more info on how many existed??

Group,

I have no idea if there ever was 87 different Davis plants that were numbered in order. I don't think anyone knows now, it's been so long. I know the Davis #87 and has seen it, but don't own one. I have Davis compacta and it's a totally different plant. Both nice.

The Davis' (In counter-clockwise order because I have no idea how to line them up): Davis #3, Davis #7, Davis #14 - all identified by the various collectors who've visited my garden. The colorful one is also a Davis hybrid and many who've seen it say it's called "Inca".

Attachments

• davis3.jpg
    davis3.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 58
  • inca.jpg
    inca.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 58
  • davis7.jpg
    davis7.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 75
  • davis14.jpg
    davis14.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 59
Your Inca looks like mine,I just got it.It looks like it will be a great plant.

The colorful one is also a Davis hybrid and many who've seen it say it's called "Inca".

This is what I have as Inca. :cool: This is really a Davis #14 ? :confused: The last photo is with a plastic ID stick measuring 6 inches for scale. This croton is getting a fairly good amount of sun. :)

Mike - I showed you mine, now lets see yours ... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Inca.jpg
    Inca.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Inca 2.jpg
    Inca 2.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Inca 3.jpg
    Inca 3.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 62