Another id please!

annafl

Esteemed Member
DSC_1574.jpgDSC_1575.jpgDSC_1576.jpg

I recently got this croton. No tag. No help from employees. On the website the closest one is called 'Bravo Supreme'. I never heard of it and I'm not even sure this is the one they're talking about. The photos are a little deceiving, but the color is mainly very hot pink markings. Thanks for trying. Ana

Is there a cultivar known as Bravo Supreme? My other Bravo has leaves that are maybe a third smaller, and the markings are not as beautiful. The new leaves take longer to color up. As a matter of fact, the leaves start out totally green and don't start getting markings until the leaf has almost reached full size. This cultivar shows that even the new, smaller leaves are already getting markings. It just seems like it's acting differently than my other regular Bravo and it's much, much prettier. Thanks.

Bravo colors up nicely with lots of light; give it shade and it looks blah. leaf size is more function of cultural conditions and age of the plant.
Never heard of Bravo Supreme but who's to say that some enterprising and creative nurseryman did not invent a name to hustle more plants....

Thanks Jose and Phil. Phil, the leaves are stiff andl leathery and the plant is very compact. It must just be a plain Bravo then, but just looks so much better. I hope I can keep it looking as good as it does now as it gets larger and larger. I know cultivars are supposed to be clones, it just seems some clones are prettier than others and sometimes it seems it's more than culture and light conditions, but of course, I don't know. I need to learn so much more. Thanks again. Ana