DSC_0914.jpg
DSC_0874.JPG
DSC_0835.JPG
DSC_0213.JPG
DSC_0702.JPG
DSC_0737.JPG
DSC_0361.JPG
DSC_0428.JPG

Gorgeous garden! Your artistic eye and your horticultural talents are apparent. Can't wait to see everything in person.

Ana, looks like a great layout, with cool pathways and little hidden areas. I like how you are using groupings of the some of the same croton cultivars to make for bigger impact. Jeff Searle does that with some plants too. Seeing all kinds of plant groups too. Your aroids look super. Looking forward to seeing it in the fall!

Thanks so much, Tim. Bert and I designed the garden ourselves. It was all weeds and sand when we bought this property and we have worked hard to improve the soil. We were fortunate to have a number of large trees which created the bones of the garden. I am more of a landscaper than a collector, so we group some of the same when we can get enough of them. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen often, because up here I can get only Mammey and Petra, so I'm limited to what I can get when I come down there for the sales or the auctions. I haven't been into crotons long enough to have plants large enough to air layer, so it takes time, so I just keep collecting! I love all plant groups, so I try to grow whatever I find that I like. Again, I am limited by what I can find up here. I would have a great time if I lived in South Florida!

Holy Moly Anna & Bert that is absolutely outstanding. I will roll that tape for weeks to come. Color texture depth envy opps!!!!

Anna, You have a GREAT looking garden! Love the mixture of plants. Thanks for posting!

Incredible! What a stunning tropical paradise! Looks just like my dream...which may never come true :( Most of my crotons look miserable after the recent winds. Being on the corner with no fence I cannot give them any shelter. ...and when I try other plants deer eat them :( But I like only tropical plants anyway. We are going to Costa Rica next week. Should I get lost and never come back??:jiggy:
I wish I was lucky to visit your garden one day too...NailBiting

Thanks so much, Pix, Jim and Judy! These photos are at different times during the past year. Not everything looks as good right now after winter! I hope you will all come to the croton meeting/auction at our garden in Sarasota this coming fall. Hopefully things will look nice for the group. Thanks again! Ana

Ana,
Thanks for sharing. The gardens are incredible. They look nicer than many of Florida's botanical gardens. It must take a lot of work to keep them looking that good. My plants look a bit ratty after coming through the winter, so it is great to see your gardens at their best throughout the year. Luckily it was warm enough that I don't think I lost any plants, just a strange growing season with the flucuating temperatures and rainfall this winter. I am ready for spring, although I am not quite ready for the heat.

Wow, Lamar, thanks!

Hi Karl! I've missed your presence here! Thanks for your kind words. You know I only show you what looks good at the time. My plants look a bit ratty now too, but hopefully they'll start shaping up soon. I was talking to folks at the Searle sale today and we agreed that the wind this winter played a big part in leaf drop on our crotons. That's really annoying. Well, here's to a good growing year. Keep checking back with us at the forum.

How beautiful your garden is Anna. Can't wait to see it this fall when you host the Croton auction & tour. You have such an incredible variety of plants and have put them together in such an artistic way. Loving the colors & textures. Really beautiful. Marnie