A "Christmas" request for Jeff Searle

Crazy for Crotons

29/06/09
Jeff, could you please post a photo of the plant Bob Alonzo identified as Christmas. Many thanks! I'm trying to distinguish between what we've been calling Dr. Lin Yu Tang and what I saw at your sale labeled Christmas. I'm very confused by these two plants.

Jeff, could you please post a photo of the plant Bob Alonzo identified as Christmas. Many thanks! I'm trying to distinguish between what we've been calling Dr. Lin Yu Tang and what I saw at your sale labeled Christmas. I'm very confused by these two plants.

Ray,

Yes I will, it just might take after the weekend. One of our daughters decided to "borrow" the wire to connect the camera to the computer to download some pictures.

But I can tell you, their definitely two different crotons when you see them side by side. I can bring a Christmas to Ricky's this weekend for the auction. A couple of nights ago, I was looking through some old pictures of crotons in some books and low and behold, I found a croton named Christmas and it was a dead ringer for the same croton that Bob just id'ed for me.

Here is the "Christmas" cultivar that Jeff Searle generously donated to the auction at the International Croton Society meeting at Ricky's garden yesterday. I was the fortunate high bidder for this cultivar. Phil Stager has posted photos of "Dr Lin Yu Tang" on another thread. I will post these photos of "Christmas" there as well for comparison. :eek:

Ron. :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 4.jpg