Series #3....Mr Aubrey Christian

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
Aubrey was best known for identifying his new crotons with famous artist. Some of the most colorful crotons we know today were from Aubrey Christain and below are some of them. If there are others, please include them.

Polychrome
Claude Lorraine
Rubens
Mosaic
Corot
MichaelangeloBlotched Corot
Aubrey Christian
Confucious
Norman Rockwell
Christians Landscape
Carmen Christian
Raphael
Christiana
Tapestry

Corot.JPG
Corot 2.JPG
Corot
:)

Last edited:
Randy - it appears that your Rubens looks to be the "real deal". This has proved to be an elusive cultivar to many collectors.

Here is an update to the Carmen Christian from post #4.

Carmen Christian 1.JPG
Carmen Christian 2.JPG

Great photos, Ron. Carmen Christian is looking good! Why is Corot so pink? I'm used to seeing it yellow-orange, but the plant definitely looks right. Is it in a lot of shade? Gorgeous Rubens, Randy. Great thread. I'd love to see Phil's Christiana again to see how it's progressed. Phil, please?

Great photos, Ron. Carmen Christian is looking good! Why is Corot so pink? I'm used to seeing it yellow-orange, but the plant definitely looks right. Is it in a lot of shade? Gorgeous Rubens, Randy. Great thread. I'd love to see Phil's Christiana again to see how it's progressed. Phil, please?

Ana - the pictured Corot was in very heavy shade. So heavy that its growth was very slow. I air layered that plant and will be planted it in a sunnier area of the garden.

Thanks, Phil! Your avatar is adorable! What is that lovely pooch's name? Sooo cute! Sooo sweet, it fits you well.:)

Christiana is looking strong and lovely, and your Corot is gorgeous! It has lots of pink/reds also. News to me that it can have so much of those colors. I need to see more crotons/gardens. Come on, people, let's regroup and start going places!