Upcoming Croton Auction - Wonder whats Coming?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
I going through my potted up crotons wondering what to bring to the auction. My mind keeps wandering back to the Jeff Searle and TikiRick garden tours and those auctions. Never have I seen such a fabulous and amazing array of cultivars. And they are all available to be bid on! I dying to know what may show up at this upcoming auction.

If you are bringing plants to the auction, how about letting us know what you are bringing. Photos would be great too! :)

I plan on bringing 6,Not sure what sequence the pictures came up but I will be bringing a Thai Hybrid,Joe Friday,Plaid Oak,Cornbread and two nice unknowns.All will be starting at $5.00 :) I might have a nice Inca also,I just checked the layer and It is ready to come of the mother plant now.Layers have been rooting nicely as this layer was started only 5 weeks ago.

Attachments

• April 19 crotons 004.jpg
    April 19 crotons 004.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 103
  • April 19 crotons 005.jpg
    April 19 crotons 005.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 123
I plan on bringing the following:
Col. Gilbert Cutler, tall 3 gal and a 1 gal.
Dr. Lin Yu Tang, 3 gal
Lady Claire, 3 gal
Yellow Duke of Windsor, 3 gal

probably a few more depending on how some air layers progress.

I got some goodies, but will look around this coming up monday. I'm guessing we can bring plants"for sale" and then others for an auction. No silent auction, or yes?

Jeff - I see no reason why plants can not be brought "for sale". As croton lovers we want to see these plants get distributed and used in gardens. There are some that like to see a plant, see the price and done - plant goes to a happy home.

Phil - unfortunately you have no vote, however your comments are completely valid and well taken. ;) Silent auction - not this time. This tour came about when Mike (Waykoolplantz) and I were talking about TikiRick's garden tour. We both agreed what an enjoyable time it was. The people attending were awesome, food great, beautiful garden and the auction was the highlight of the day. Simply a fun wonderful day, that is what this event is to be about!

The live auction provides personal interaction and fellowship. I've seen some very nice cultivars getting picked up at bargain prices. While others go high because it has caught the eye of a few bidders who really want the plant. That is why the live auction is so entertaining and full of surprises. We never know whats going to happen.

Bottom line - its going to be about these alluring plants and emphasis on Fun! :cool:

If all goes well - here are some that may be coming from the Moose Land:

Yellow Golden Glow
"Grandma"
Golden Glow with an attached sport
Glen Roof
Heaven
Thomas Edison
Claude Lorraine
Arthur Howe
"WTF"
Carmen Christian
Duke of Windsor
The Moth
Peace
Weismannii

some photos

If all goes well - here are some that may be coming from the Moose Land:

Yellow Golden Glow - this is whats coming
"Grandma" - this is whats coming
Golden Glow with an attached sport - this is whats coming
Glen Roof
Heaven
Thomas Edison
Claude Lorraine (air layer from this momma plant)
Arthur Howe
"WTF"
Carmen Christian
Duke of Windsor
The Moth
Peace
Weismannii

Attachments

• Yellow Golden Glow.JPG
    Yellow Golden Glow.JPG
    275.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Grandma.JPG
    Grandma.JPG
    321.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Golden Glow.JPG
    Golden Glow.JPG
    309.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Claude Lorraine.JPG
    Claude Lorraine.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 115
Johannis - 3-gallon, from air layer
Gloriosa - 3-gallon, from air layer
Pink Bravo - 5-gallon, from air layer
Davis #3 - 10-gallon, from air layer
Ethel Craig - 1-gallon, from cuttings
Disraeli - 3-gallon, from cuttings

Perhaps a few others if they look salable by the 19th.

Attachments

• crotons1.jpg
    crotons1.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 104
  • crotons2.jpg
    crotons2.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 104
36 different cultivars already listed as being brought to the auction. I am sure at least double that number will make the scene. Looks like a very interesting auction is brewing! :cool:

Carol Graf does not do computers. I can't find my old croton member list. Can someone give her a call and let here know about the Tour and Auction?

Greatly appreciated,

Ron :)

This is what I have planned to bring. Air layers removed yesterday and potted up. If any experience a leaf drop, they will not be brought.

Arthur Howe
Cardinal
Carmen Christian
Claude Lorraine
Coppinger’s Coral Shower
Dayspring
Duke of Windsor
Glen Roof
Golden Glow w/ Sport
“Grandma”
Heaven
Peace
Raphael
The Moth
Thomas Edison
“WTF”
Weismannii
Yellow Golden Glow

I hope Mr. Palm Island (Randy) brings his camera! He has such a good eye and posts the photos promptly. I've received many PM's from around the globe asking for tons of pictures.

Randy, Pleeeeeeeeease ... :)